Holy moly could there be a more cliche title?
I’m going to venture a guess and say no. #sorrynotsorry
Friday IS a funday! Its the freakin weekend baby I’m about to have me some…fun. (thanks R.Kelly).
And Rebecca Black.
Okay. Its possible that I should not be trying to write a coherent blog post because I am really hyper this am, and my thoughts are all jumbled and I keep thinking I’m hilarious. I went to work out with my mom and sister at 5:45 this morning and now that I’m home and have had breakfast and read the NYTimes I have all this energy! Does this happen to anyone else? I kinda dig it.
Anyway today’s post is (thankfully) not about anything serious. But it will (hopefully) still be interesting and FUN! My girl Alex over at The Run Within nominated me for the Liebster Award the other day!! Thanks Alex!
If you haven’t ever checked out her blog, do it! She’s such a sweetheart, and is so smart! You’ll love it I swear. Oh and if you need some tips on how to fuel your body properly if you 1) are Gluten Free 2) are crazy busy 3) are an athlete or are really active 4) are on a budget CHECK HER OUT!
So anyway I’m supposed to say 11 random things about myself and answer the previously tagged questions. Stay with me, this might get a little lengthy…
1) I have exactly 42 bottles of nail polish. Woops make that 43…I bought some Essie “tart deco” at Target yesterday. Of that collection 2 are Sally Hansen, 2 are Sephora brand and the rest are OPI or Essie. This is an expensive addiction.
2) I hate wearing pants. They’re restricting and scratchy and never fit right. Dresses, skirts, shorts, leggings, lulus, undies ANYTHING is better than pants.
3) I get major anxiety from not finishing books. Even if I buy one or download it on my Kindle and realize 3 pages in that I hate it I cannot just stop reading it. I think its a weird perfectionist tendency of mine.
4) I am a cuticle biter. Its a gross habit, and I hate that I do it because it makes my fingers bleed (Black Swan style) all the time, but I can’t stop.
5) I HATE RUNNING. I hate it with every fiber of my being. And I feel guilty about this because I’m actually pretty good at it, and its really great exercise. It hurts my feet, ankles, shins, knees, hips, back, shoulders and it feels like punishment. Even on the most gorgeous of perfect weather days when I used to tell myself “go for a run! You have to! Its so pretty out so doing cardio inside would be a shame!” I still hated it.
6) I am exactly 6 feet, 1 3/4 inches tall. I tell people I’m 6’1″ but in reality I’m only .25 inches shy of 6’2″. And I still wear heels out on the weekends.
7) I’m obsessed with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pop Tarts. Granted I haven’t let myself have one in about a year, but oh my gosh. They’re so delicious. So so so sooo bad for you, full of highly processed sugar, gross chemicals, and probably low-greade beaver tranquilizers, but there’s nothing better than one of those heated up and eaten in my special Pop-Tart eating technique. (Edges first, break in half, eat half with less icing first, then half with most icing. Bonus points for being able to separate the top from the bottom)
8) I HATE milk. I always have. I don’t even like it on cereal or in oatmeal. Thank god for unsweetened vanilla almond milk though. That stuff is delicious.
9) I love singing!! And playing the piano. My friend Abbie and I even have a band (see bottom of page for a link to Abbie’s Boner on Facebook!)
We performed at an event for the entire UT Athletic Department this spring! It was one of the coolest things I’ve ever done. Mostly though we just sing our favorite songs in her apartment.
10) I love mornings. I’m at my calmest, happiest, most productive and energized before 11 am. I also think that mornings are the most beautiful time of day. I would rather wake up at 5:30 am and go to bed at 9 (8:30??) than sleep in past 8.
11) I’m secretly addicted to wedding shows. TLC’s 4 weddings, Say Yes to the Dress, that show with David Lutera, you name it. I love the planning and decorations, and its amazing to me how the planners pull together so many elements to create an amazing event! I think if I could start school again and re-d0 my entire college career I would have gone into event planning. Its so fascinating and so much fun!
Still with me? Hope you enjoyed those bits of randomness. Now for the Q and A section!
- What is a little smile for today? Its High Five Friday! Meg’s Friday posts always make me smile! Check it out!
- What is your favorite, go to snack product? Hummus. Done and done.
- What is a family tradition you plan on carrying on for your family? Christmas morning monkey bread.
- What is the most recent blog you have discovered? I just found Kylie at immaeatthat! Love her blog!
- What is one food you could not live without? Greek yogurt. Its so good for you, its delicious, you can mix it with anything to make concoctions, smoothies, overnight oats, or freeze it to make ice cream, and there are enough flavors on the market it satisfy literally any craving I have (thank you Chobani and Voskos!). It depressing me to think that there was a time where I wouldn’t eat it because it had too many calories. I can’t get enough of it now!
- What is your favorite fitness class? I don’t really like fitness classes. Spinning is kinda fun, but I’d rather go to yoga.
- What is one piece of clothing or accessory you wear everyday? My tortoiseshell Michael Kors watch. This thing does not come off. Ever.
- What relaxes you at the end of the day? My nighttime cup of tea! And my journal. I check-in with myself every night about the day, and it really helps settle my mind down. These two combined are a killer relaxation combo!
- What body part do you love about yourself? ohh geeze. Do I have to answer this? I guess my back because its really strong thanks to years and years of swimming.
- What is a pet peeve of yours? When people have cars with a seatbelt alarm and they just let it beep and beep and beep and take their sweet time getting settled in before buckling (or don’t buckle at all!) It drives me NUTS!!! Just hurry the heck up, buckle it so I don’t have to hear that incessant, horrible noise anymore!
- Is there a word or phrase you use a lot? Oh lord, yes. Most recently I’ve started exclaiming “shoot yeah” and sounding like a total redneck. Haters gonna hate.That was fun, right? I’m supposed to think up more questions and nominate 11 more people, but pretty much everyone I follow/feel comfortable nominating have already been chosen so I’m just going to end this post right here. Sorry for not following the rules, Alex!Have a wonderful weekend loves!! Hopefully I can (finally) get a new camera charger so I can recap my weekend on Monday with some MIMM love!
Do you get a burst of energy after working out?
Are you a morning person? What part of the day is your favorite?
DO you have any bad habits you would like to break (like cuticle biting)?